James B. Gillen, Jr. specializes in business law, real estate law and estate planning/probate law.
James B. Gillen, Jr. is a 1973 graduate of Baylor University School of Law. He has served the Tyler community for over 40 years. He is an active member and adult Sunday School teacher at Green Acres Baptist Church. He is past president of the Smith County Bar Association.
Jim has practiced for over 40 years in the primary areas of business law, real estate law and estate planning/probate law. He has attained an AV Martindale-Hubbell peer rating. His philosophy has always been to provide resourceful, efficient and responsible representation. He has always made it a primary desire to provide effective, comprehensive and practical advice and results. His expertise includes services to clients in the areas of:
- Entity Section and Formation
- Structuring Businesses and Transactions
- Negotiation, Drafting and Review of Contracts and Agreements
- Business Sales and Purchases
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Employment Agreements and Issues
- Real Estate Transactions, including Acquisition, Development, Construction, Financing
- Powers of Attorney
- Directive to Physicians
- Living Trusts
- Probate Proceedings
- Estate Administration
- Asset Protection